Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 106

Thread: Ford to Cut Jobs

  1. #51
    Inactive Member one1one's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9th, 2005
    Posts
    808
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    i know it probabally wont happen....but if hillary clinton makes a run for the office, how many of you would vote for her?
    [b] "The One and Only"[/b]

  2. #52
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    After 8 years of Clintons I don't knoiw if I could vote for her or not. Slick Willey was a pretty good president overall, I just can't see either one of them as honest people.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  3. #53
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    honest and politician should never EVER EVER never be used in the same sentence.
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  4. #54
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    Like the old Johnny Cash song- " John , Bill, Fred -anything but those two!" [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  5. #55
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    I agree with you about the sources issue, but it always amazes me how sources are viewed as liberal whenever they say something that the other side don't like....yet they probably get on here and quote stuff from Rush Limbaugh lol

    Its true, sources are an issue, but just because someone says something bad about a conservative doesn't make them liberal or even worse, wrong.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  6. #56
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    "You can argue then and say oh that shouldn't be allowed, but yet you will allow capital punishment"

    To compare abortion to capital punishment in my mind is ludicrous...you are talking about an innocent unborn baby being on a paralell to someone who was found guilty of a heinous crime by a jury of peers?!? That is the same kind of hocus pocus logic gives liberals such a bad name in this country and why they get butt slammed at the polls in the moral heartland "red states." It just doesn't hold water... I know you probably wasn't thinking about it that way and didn't mean any offense to what you said but think about the victim's(and their family) of some of the convicts who have been put to death next time and how these individuals destroyed their lives and ask them if it would be ok with them if the state had decided to keep them alive on taxpayer dollars at the rate of 25,000 per year for the rest of their lives.? I wonder how that would make them feel?

  7. #57
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    "but yet you will allow capital punishment, isn't that murder as well?"

    Just to answer your question: NO, capital punishment is not murder. Murder is the crime of UNLAWFULLY killing a human being. Capital Punishment is lawful in Virginia and many other states.

  8. #58
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    Yes in Virginia and many states but not all, so if its allowed in some, its ok, but in others its not, showing difference of opinions and views. There is no 'absolute right' answer. Obviously you are in favor of capital punishment, its legal in Virginia. Abortion is legal in Virginia. So technically both are fine, so if you can rationalize capital punishment being legal, which is the murder of someone (and yeah I know that most all are guilty but if one or two aren't, then you're killing an 'innocent), then how is it much better when push comes to shove? I mean to me that is being subjective to your personal views. Its ok to murder in a war, its ok to murder someone who done someone wrong or hurt others, but if a baby could kill a mom, well tough luck mom, deal with it.

    Again, I'm not for uncontrolled abortion but I also am not for it being against the law completely. I mean we have speed limits, some may not like them but we have them. We have other restrictions on things. Make abortions extremely restrictive, fine. You won't stop them but you might reduce them a lot. Prosecute the ones doing illegal back alley variety that will pop up as soon as you outlaw them but to just have an on or an off button I think is wrong and the comparison is not like comparing a chevy truck and a ford truck. Its more like comparing a a Yugo and a Coal Truck. There are plenty of differences, big differences but in the end, they both are vehicles.

    Capital punishment and abortion are two completely different topics, but in the end, someone is being killed by someone else.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  9. #59
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    I hate to be repetitive but once again you referred to capital punishment as murder...capital punishment is not murder and killing of an innocent baby versus killing of a convicted heinous criminal is not something you can compare to each other. You said something about a baby killing his mother...did this baby know this? Was this unborn baby aware of that it was doing this? C'mon man...not even worth going any further

  10. #60
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    Hate to be repetitive myself but at the end someone is dead, and if you were the one being killed or the family of the one being killed, I dare say you would say they are murdering you, particularly if you're innocent or *gasp* you might be, because we know no jury has ever convicted an innocent person.

    I go back to what I said, at the end of the deal someone is dead.

    Oh wait you mentioned was the baby aware, so now it's intent. So if someone just intended to rob someone, but not shoot or kill someone then they are ok and shouldn't be viewed badly?

    Again, I'm not for abortion without restraints, totally against it but I'm also totally against just making a law to prevent them completely.

    I mean if thats your view, so be it but I know if I'm married to someone and thus hopefully love them and they tell me that I'm gonna lose this person I love due to them having a baby, as much as I'd be looking forward to the baby, I'm not giving up the person I love for someone, as much as I'm looking forward to, that I've never met. I mean you can't 'recreate' a wife that dies, but unless there is something 'bad wrong' you can try to have a kid again.

    I won't even get into the concept of a girl getting raped and getting pregnant and trying to force her to have a baby that she had forced on her.

    Again though, I am against abortion and if there is abortion even in these circumstances, I would want them to be early early abortions if at all possible.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •